“INTRODUCTION TO SOFT SKILLS“
On completion of this chapter, you will learn to,
- Explain the importance of Soft Skills
- Distinguish between Hard and Soft Skills
Need for Soft Skills
Most people who are good at their trade are ambitious and want to rise through the ranks. But they are unhappy at work or their supervisor thinks they are unfit or cannot the job.
During interviews many people technically prove themselves, are passionate about the job but are not selected.
What are Soft Skills?
Soft Skills are people skills that are difficult to quantify and measure. These skills help you maintain healthy relationships. https://weindians.in/
Importance of Soft Skills =
Difference between Hard and Soft Skills
|Hard Skills||Soft Skills|
|Accounting, Computer skills, Carpetry, Nursing, Tailoring||Interpersonal skills, Empathy, Self Confidence, Ability to speak well, Ability to work in a team|
|Are not common to all sectors of work||Can be applied to all sectors of work|
|Can be identified by certification, degree||Can be identified by how you conduct yourself|
Acquiring Soft Skills
Soft Skills are acquired by improving the personality traits you possess and learning new skills required. This can be done by learning and practicing the required skills.
- Soft skills are important in maintaining health personal and professional relationships.
- A combination of hard and soft skills lead to career growth.
- Soft skills can be acquired by learning, practicing and observing.